So, I read The Power of Intention many, many years ago, and I must say that this book has had a powerful effect on my life. Along with the Bible, this book is a blue print for how we should consider living our lives....
I am convinced that the universe (God) sends us just what we need when we need it....and the universe sent The Power of Intention to me again, and it was right on time.
Dr. Dyer sees "intention is a force in the universe that allows the act of creation to take place." He sees "Intention as not something that you do, but as an energy that you are a part of."
Dr. Dyer gives the seven faces of Intention which is basically what he the thinks Intention may look like if he had to give it a form:
- The Face of Creativity: "The idea that intention is creative or otherwise we would not be here; we all have the power to create the life that we want."
- The Face of Kindness: "Choosing to be kind is a choice to have the power of intention active in your life."
- The Face of Love: "Love is the most powerful energy in the world."
- The Face of Beauty: "As you become receptive to seeing and feeling beauty around you, you're becoming attuned to the creative power of intention with everything in the natural world, including yourself."
- The Face of Expansion: "The Power of Intention manifests as expression of expanding creativity, kindness, love, and beauty."
- The Face of Unlimited Abundance: "This face has no boundaries, is everywhere at once, and is endlessly abundant."
- The Face of Receptivity: "All of nature is waiting to be called into action; we only need to be willing to recognize and receive."
Dr. Dyer goes on to explain how to connect to Intention, obstacles to connecting, our impact on others when we are connected, and Intention and Infinity. Then, Dr. Dyer shows us how to put Intention into action, and finally he gives us a snapshot of how a person looks who is connected to Intention.
Here are just a few of the things that spoke to my heart as I read this book....
- "What you think of yourself is what you think of the world."
- "Self-respect attracts higher energy. Lack of self-respect attracts the lower."
- "You don't need another diet, workout manual, or personal trainer. Go within, listen to your body, and treat it with all of the dignity and love that your self-respects demands."
- "You can never remedy a relationship by condemning it."
- "Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change."
I could go on and on and on, but you really should read this book for yourself...
If you haven't read any other book that I have suggested, please consider reading this one; it is truly life changing!
My next read is Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones; feel free to come along........